Owning real property can be a challenge. As a property owner you may be obligated to obtain zoning and land use approval from your local government before you can change the use or appearance of your property. The lawyers at Folds & Walker are well versed in permitting and land use applications for all types and sizes of properties, including large scale developments.  We have assisted landowners in permitting matters for many years.  Further, because we have represented local governments for nearly 50 years, we understand how most governments analyze and determine these types of issues.  We use our expertise to better assist you in exercising and protecting your development and permitting rights, whether via the permitting process or in litigation.

Also as a property owner, you may need to use a portion of your neighbors’ land to access or use your property, and your neighbor may be illegally preventing you from doing so. Folds & Walker can assist you to reach an agreement with your neighbors on these issues.  If it becomes impossible for neighbors to remain neighborly, and an agreement is out of reach, then the attorneys at Folds & Walker are prepared to litigate these cases, including water rights and border disputes, in a courtroom or in a government meeting.

Sometimes you find yourself in a situation where you can no longer co-own real property with another person because of divorce, break-up, or termination of a business relationship. The attorneys at Folds & Walker can help you partition the real property so you can access your equity and move on with your life. From residential to large scale commercial real estate and development, the attorneys at Folds & Walker can assist you in all of your real property and land use needs.